- The government is trying to unload $20 billion worth of Citigroup stock.
- The government is also trying to unload GM and Chrysler wants to come back as well.
- Private equity shops are lining up to sell the companies they bought in the last cycle.
- The economy is slowing and more stimulus might be not be possible as the deficit has become a political issue.
- Europe is slowing and will have a negative short term effect even though they are taking necessary steps.
- Comps are getting tougher
- Seasonality will be negative for the next few months
Long For Now
I am still long for now and think the market should be fine over the next few weeks but just want to reiterate why I am not bullish on the market through the Fall: